Sick as a Dog



When a bug hits you, it hits you bad.

I never thought that I would be afflicted with such a severe form of influenza until the darn microbes attacked me on Thursday (18 Oct) with high fever (39 deg C) that never seem to completely disappear. As I type out this post, my body temperature is hovering at about 37.4 C or thereabouts, while my nose is blocked and my body aches. Luckily, the gas in the tummy is slightly better although there is a quirky feeling in my abdominal region. The GP I visit regularly tells me that it is probably gastric flu.

I really hate being this sick and unwell. The last time I had a major illness in 2005, I was stricken with acute appendicitis and hospitalised. I still recall how bad I felt then, with bouts of nausea and vomitting followed by diarrhea haunting me throughout my stay in the hospital. I couldn't eat for days and lost 11 pounds then.

Hope to get well soon.

Labels: , ,