Here are six reasons why you should get a copy of the above book "Horse-powered & Man-powered Transport: a philatelic excursion":
1) It is authored by three dear friends of mine, namely Victor, Wee Kiat and Noel. I hear that it is Victor's maiden effort.
2) It is a labour of love done with much blood, sweat, and tears (of happiness).
3) It is a limited edition which perhaps may be worth a lot of money in future. So hurry before they are all gone!
4) It is "officially" endorsed (haha) by the Friends of Yesterday.sg. In case you do not know, yesterday.sg is Singapore's leading heritage and museums blog.
5) It is being sold exclusively at the Singapore Philatelic Museum, which is a charming boutique museum tucked away at Coleman Street. And please visit the museum while you are there for a wonderful exploration of Singapore and the world through stamps.
6) It provides a fun and jolly romp through the past, in the good old days when transportation doesn't add to the carbon crisis which we are now facing.
Check out these posts on the book too:
Labels: books, Heritage, museums, nostalgia, Singapore Philatelic Museum, yesterday.sg