Cold Cold Heart

Sad bear in cage
Sad bear in a cage in Hokkaido

Lately, the weather seemed to have turned particularly chilly and windy, and I have felt relatively cool even in mid day. Suddenly sunny Singapore has gone temperate.

Something seemed to have also gone wrong with my body system. I usually get very warm easily and prefer to switch on the air conditioning at a lower temperature at my home. Lately however, it feels as if the "yang qi" has left my physical self, leaving me feeling all cold and chilly. Perhaps it is time to pay a visit to the TCM.

In a freakish twist of fate, this lack of fire coincided with something else happening in my life. My once feverish fervour and boundless passion have evaporated in recent weeks. No I am not talking about my relationship with my wife (which had always been fabulous) but well, something else.

I think my funky state of affairs can be best captured by excerpts from Elton John's Sacrifice:

"Its a human sign
When things go wrong
When the scent of her lingers
And temptations strong....

Cold cold heart
Hard done by you
Some things look better baby
Just passing through

But its no sacrifice
No sacrifice
Its no sacrifice at all..."

In other words, I am getting restless...

Labels: , , ,